Monday, July 6, 2009

oh, and I just remembered something real funny that happened recently.

Title: Daddy attempts to teach me how to drive a MANUAL car

So he says:
okay, start the engine and put down the hand brake

And I do that exactly. And all seems to go fine.

Dad: now, press the clutch and move the handle to DRIVE

And I do that. And everything is still fine.

Dad:
slowly release the clutch and press the accelerator

Me:
press the accelerator AFTER I release the clutch or WHILE I’m releasing the clutch?

Dad:
just do it! Don’t talk so much!

(yep, that’s how my dad teaches me)

So I slowly let go of the clutch

And everything SEEMS to be fine..

Then….

The engine brakes down.

Darn.

Dad:
DO PROPERLY LAH!

Me: I AM LAHHH!!!!

(and yes, shouting between me and my dad is pretty normal.XD)

Dad:
do all over again!

I do that, and surprisingly, the engine doesn’t die off

Dad: press the accelerator slowly

So I pressed it.

Just a teeny-leetle bit
too hard

Then the whole car suddenly
jerks forward

And almost hits another car

So out of panic, I release the accelerator and slam down on the brakes.

The car stops so abruptly that we were thrown forward (inertia!)

Dad: OKAY! ENOUGH! GET OUT!!

That is EXACTLY why we should only drive auto cars.




A few weeks later…

Post- Daddy attempts to teach me how to drive a MANUAL car

Me: Dad?can u teach me how to drive a manual car again?

Dad:
you almost hit another car the other day!!

Me:
yeah!BUT, I braked just in time! It only goes to show that I can handle panic situations well. (:

Dad: YOU didn’t even realise that it was a panic situation and that we were in danger!

I think I’ll ask him again in another month’s time. xD

0 comments: